School Building Leadership
The Master of Science degree program in School Building Leadership focuses on providing you with knowledge of current theory, best practices, and issues involved in building-level leadership.
Emphasis is placed on the promotion of necessary innovation through effective communication, research, collaboration, evaluation, and reflection. The program leads to initial/professional New York State certification as School Building Leader.
Required Courses - 30-33 Credits
- EDL 602 - The Principalship: Operational Models for Effective Schools, 3 cr.
- EDL 604 - Curriculum and Instruction for School Leaders, 3 cr.
- EDL 606 - Enhancing Teaching and Learning through Supervision, 3 cr.
- EDL 607 - Application of Technology for Instructional Leaders, 3 cr
- EDL 701: Educational Leadership: Theory and Practice
- EDL 703 - School Law, 3 cr.
- EDL 705: Finance and Facility Management
- EDL 708 - Human Resource Management, 3 cr.
- EDL 710 - Research, Assessment, and Data Analysis, 3 cr.
Students have a choice of completing the 400-hour internship on a part-time basis over two semesters (6 credits) or on a full-time basis in one semester (3 credits).*
- EDL 960 - Internship in School Building Leadership (Full-Time), 3 cr.
- EDL 961 - Internship I in School Building Leadership (Part-Time), 3 cr.
- EDL 962 - Internship II in School Building Leadership (Part-Time), 3 cr.
*Applicable in certain situations where a student has some administrative experience; most students will complete the internship in two semesters.