Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
If you have completed a master's degree in either school counseling or school psychology you have the opportunity to earn licensure as a Mental Health Counselor by participating in CNR's bridge program that has been approved by the New York State Department of Education. Depending upon previously completed coursework, you can earn a Mental Health Counselor advanced certificate by taking 15 to 30 additional credits and completing the required supervised clinical hours.
Bridge program students must choose from the following course offerings that are part of the Mental Health Counseling degree requirements and which the applicant has not yet completed:
- Introduction to Professional Counseling
- Theories of Career Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Interviewing and Counseling Practicum
- Differential Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Family Process and Therapy II
- Mental Health Counseling Internship I & II
*Upon completion of the necessary courses, an applicant must pass the mandated mental health counseling examination and complete 3,000 hours of supervised experience in a mental health counseling setting.
- Earn credits for previously completed coursework.
- Learn from renowned experts in the Mental Health Counseling field.
- Classes offered in late afternoon and early evenings on weekdays, as well as on weekends.
- New York State approved bridge program.
- Once licensed, you can find employment in hospitals, mental health clinics, private practice, and a variety of school settings.
- Submit your application at https://www.cnr.edu/cnr-application-info
- Include a personal statement.
- Forward all official college transcripts to CNR.